Followers

2010/12/03

Everlasting View


It's a view from the Italian embassy villa by Lake Chuzenji. It was built in 1928 and was a summer Villa of the Italian Ambassadors until 2008. This view (from the 2nd floor) is the same one that successive Italian Ambassadors and their guests were enjoying during their (long) summer vacation.

Since Tochigi Prefecture purchased the Villa from the Republic of Italy, it became a Memorial Park open to the public. It's free of charge, but you are encouraged to donate around $1 for the maintenance of the building. I did so when I went there.

It is open from April 1 to November 30.

This is an entry for Show Me Japan.



And of course, this is also for Black and White Weekend and Scenic Sunday entries.

         Scenic Sunday


Have a wonderful weekend.

24 comments:

  1. What a wonderful view and I love the way you photographed it. Great hearing about places like that which are open for the public to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect framing! I love the branches, and the panes in the window.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a perfect photo for B&W. I love the frame.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The view looks even better seen through the frame of the window. Fine monochrome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The window frames give the photo an extra demension. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure the Italians enjoyed their stay, it looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful window scene and peak into Japan's gorgeous landscape!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd like to have a long vacation there, it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all your photos! Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like it. To use the window frame gives a special feeling in the picture, Great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great shot. Wow, I wish I had that view from my window :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice photo and view! I'm sure it is nice in colors too!
    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing this beautiful view...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful composition and photo. The view is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. a lovely image...thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. aloha

    what a beautiful scene, love the view with the window frame peeking out

    thanks for sharing this

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the way the window frames this. Great shot.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh what a brilliant capture. I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome! It's NOT a bad idea to follow this blog, if you are not a follower already:)
日本語でのコメント大歓迎です。